Do you find it hard to set up your WiFi Extender? There are many users who face a lot of issues setting up the WiFi extender. But we are up with a number of tips on Linksys extender setup. Just follow the below article to extract 100% benefits.
Let’s Take Out An Overview Of Extender
The extender works on the signals which it receives from the router and exceeds while repeating it. In addition, you can attach 10-15 devices to the extender at the same time. But sometimes because of the Login page issues, the page might face loading issues and many other problems as well. But, we are here with methods for the Linksys WiFi Extender Setup.
WPS Button Easy Setup
First, you need to verify that the router and the extender both the devices support the features of WPS.
After a while: Reach the Network menu of your internet to see the capable device if the WPS option is available.
- The first thing to keep in mind to start with this Setup, is you have to see whether both the devices are compatible with each other or not.
- Consequently, check the user guide of the devices to get brief information.
- Now, if both the devices have a WPS button then press the button on both at the same time.
- Wait as the router takes about 2 minutes to search the extender.
- The WPS light will start to flash green or blue. If it connects successfully in that time.
The LED Indication guide is also given below. Accordingly, check how your connection is formed as there is a complete guide to LED indicators.
LEDs On The Extender For Setup
Let us know how the extender Startup process works. And the LED light when it starts blinking means the extender is in the process of starting up.
- WPS LED– If the Light on the WPS button is not on, it means the WPS function is not enabled. Although, if the LED light turns solid blue or as per your router configuration.
- Signal LED– But if the lights are red it clearly indicates the router is way through and not connected. So do not forget to place them in close proximity.
- Blue Signal Light– Blue is the indicator of the appropriate position and good connection of the extender with the WiFi router.
Besides, if the lights are neither appropriate nor the position is well it is an indication that the wireless extender is not connected.
Login To The Page
To configure the settings, get on to the Settings page by applying the web interface. In the meantime, improve the WiFi range of the extender.
- First, You need to connect your PC or mobile phone to the extender network in order to log into the account.
- Then, you need to put the extender into the power supply and turn it on.
- Make sure your devices should be WiFi enabled & the network setup should be open.
- Ensure to fill in the correct SSID of the extender.
- If you want to connect your appliance to the extender network, you must use the default SSID Linksys_EXT.
- You have to redirect the login window from the Linksys Extender login wizard to the web interface in order to log in.
- Sign in to the range extender login page.
- The login wizard can also be accessed from the IP address 192.168 1.1.
- Write your extender administration password and username in the login window of the extender.
- Just click on the below login and there you go.
Setting Up WiFi Access Point Mode:
- In Access Point Setup, it is essential that the extender is near the router.
- The devices like wireless signals and the distance will definitely depend on the range.
- To broadcast the range signal on all the dead spots, an Ethernet cable should be in connection.
- In case an Ethernet cable can run the router far from home while attached to the Extender setup that should act as an access point.
We have given numerous robust techniques and tips to set up the extender. Hope all these tips are helpful in the setup process and logging in to the portal of Linksys re6700 setup. But if you still found any problem in the setup and have queries then, you can comment in the below chat box.