It is a very easy way to amplify the range of the WiFi signal. After doing the Wavlink AC1200 extender setup, you enjoy the fast internet speed without any interruption. To enjoy the benefits of this Wavlink AC1200 dual-band extender, read this full article. Now, let’s dive into the login and setup process.
Wavlink AC1200 Extender Unboxing
When you do the unboxing you will get the Wavlink AC1200 extender device and manual booklet in the box. From the manual booklet, you can grab the essential information about the configuration process and much more. As well as in the Wavlink extender manual booklet you will also get the login credentials and default web portal or IP address.
Require A Few Things- Do The Login process
- Take a WiFi gadget such as a laptop, computer, PC, etc.
- Just keep in mind the Wavlink extender login details.
- Also, know the default web portal or IP address to visit the extender login page.
Navigate Wavlink AC1200 Extender Login Page
- First, place the power plug of the Wavlink AC1200 extender in the power socket.
- Now, take the WiFi gadget and connect it to the Wavlink extender network.
- After that, open Chrome and enter wavlink.com in the URL bar.
- Next, fill in the login details shown on the web management page.
- In the end, tap on the login button to finish the Wavlink WiFi range extender login process.
Wavlink AC1200 Extender Configuration
There are two different ways to do the installation of the Wavlink AC1200 extender.
By Press Wavlink AC1200 Extender WPS Button
Note: When you are trying the WPS method, make sure your router must have the WiFi-protected setup button.
- First, settle the Wavlink AC1200 extender power plug into the power socket.
- After that, wait a minute to see the LED indicator blink up.
- Now, push the Wavlink AC1200 extender WPS button for a few seconds.
- Next, inside in 15 to 20 seconds press the existing router WPS button.
- Later, verify that both the extender and router device WPS LED starts blinking solid.
- As it means, your Wavlink extender is successfully configured with the router.
Web Portal Extender Configuration Method
- First, place the power plug in the power socket.
- Now, connect the WiFi gadget to the Wavlink extender network.
- Open the web browser, and insert the wifi.wavlink.com web portal in the URL bar.
- Next, fill in the login details which are shown on the web management page.
- After that, tap on the wizard setup option and pick the WiFi network that you want to boost from the WiFi list.
- Later fill in the details and tap on connect option.
- In the end, wait for a short while to see the Extender successfully installed notification on your display.
Note: After the Wavlink AC1200 setup if you are facing connection issues then consider the below solution tips to fix them.
Causes Why You Face Connection Issues
- Due to the maximum distance between Wavlink AC1200 dual band extender and router.
- The software of the Wavlink extender is outdated.
- When your device works 24×7 without taking any rest.
- Extra gadgets connect to extender networks, which are not in use.
Troubleshoot Wavlink Extender Connection Issues
Identify The Distance Between Extender And Router
Due to the maximum gap between the router and extender, you can face the connection issue. To fix the connection issue we recommend you place your extender device closer to the router. Approximately 10 to 15 feet distance is acceptable, not more than that.
Analysis Extender Software
Due to an outdated version of the software, you can also face connection issues. To improve the extender software, you will need to visit the Extender web management page. After that, tap on the administration option and then hit on a software upgrade. In the end, wait for a short while and restart your extender device to finish the software upgrade process. Read also!
If still the connection issue is not resolved then try the last method.
Reset Wavlink AC1200 Extender
At the back side of the Wavlink AC1200 dual band WiFi extender, you see the reset hole button. Now, take the paper clip and press the reset button with the help of a hairpin. Next, wait for a few minutes to turn off all the Extender LEDs. Hence, by doing this your Extender device is now completely reset.
Note: After the reset, you will need to re-configure your Wavlink WiFi range extender device.
Therefore, reading this page the Wavlink device users are able to do the login and setup process by themselves. In case you are having another Wavlink device in your home such as AC600 and you are searching for the login and configuration information of that device then you will need to visit the Wavlink AC600 setup page and consider all the descriptions. Deliver this post to the other Wavlink devices users.