If you want to debug your Android device in case of its malfunction, we have the best solution now. Android Debug Bridge or ADB, as the name implies, is a command-line utility that allows developers to debug various parts of their applications. However, if you’ve been confused about how to install ADB on your Windows device, download ADB for Windows on your PC. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to install ADB on your Windows and how to use this utility to do something interesting with Android devices.
ADB is a command line tool that offers services to you to communicate with a device. ADB was mainly for developers to debug apps, but now ordinary users can also use it to perform many useful activities between their computer and their Android smartphones. So, download ADB for Windows and do great things on your device. For more info, read this article at the end!
A brief explanation of ADB
Just as I mentioned below, ADB is a flexible command line utility that allows developers to debug various parts of their applications. However, now it is not limited to just developers. Now it is available for regular users. If you want to access certain benefits of the Android platform that are not otherwise accessible, simply use the ADB commands by download ADB for Windows on your computer. It can be on your Mac, Linux, or Chrome OS.
ADB is a client-server program that runs on three main facts;
- A client- The client sends commands and it runs on your development machine
- A daemon – The daemon runs commands on a device and it runs as a background process on each device
- A server – The server manages communication between the client and the daemon
You can use ADB on different computers such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS even Chrome OS. But in this article, we will highlight its use on your Windows device.
Multi-purposes of ADB Windows
- Install, copy, and delete files
- Install a program on a device
- Record a video or take a screenshot of the device
- Debug Android devices in case of its malfunction
- Examine logs on the phone
- Upgrade the firmware of the programs and system elements
- Get full access to information about OS and a device
- Reboot your Android device in recovery mode and bootloader
Supported Windows devices
If you want to download ADB for Windows, you can do that process easier. Because it is compatible with any Windows version without hassle.
- Windows 11
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
Procedure to download ADB for Windows
It is important to note, however, that ADB install Windows is not a tool readily installed on your computer. You need to initiate its download, but the good news is that Google provides direct links to where you can download the ADB for Windows 11 latest version.
How to install ADB on Windows?
- Download the ADB driver Zip file for Windows
- Detach the ZIP file contents to an easily accessible folder
- Next, open Windows Explorer and see where the contents of this ZIP file have been removed
- Next, from the directory of this ADB binary, open the command prompt
- This process finishes by clicking the “Open command prompt here” option and holding Shift and Right-Click in the folder
- Then, connect your Android device and computer via a USB cable
- Then, move to “Transfer file(MTP)” mode in USB mode
- To launch the ADB daemon, enter the command in the Command Prompt Windows: ADB devices
- A prompt to allow or deny USB debugging access notification should appear on your device’s screen. When prompted you want to give USB Debugging access
- Finally, re-enter the step # 8 command. If it was successfully finished, you should now view the serial number of your device in the command prompt. Now on your device, you can perform any ADB command!
Congrats! Now you can run any ADB command on your Android device! So, go ahead and start modifying your phone by following our extensive list of tutorials!
Main commands that you can use after installing ADB
After download ADB for Windows, try these commands!
- ADB devices – This command appears to ADB-supported devices connected to your system
- ADB reboot – Restarts your Android phone
- ADB backup – ADB backup creates a full backup of your device and saves it to your computer
- ADB sideload – It allows you to download ROMs and other ZIP files from your computer to your Android
- ADB pull – You can copy files from phone to computer
- ADB reboot – It provides you to execute quick boot commands by booting into bootloader mode
Benefits of ADB download Windows
- Quick installer
It allows you to download ADB for Windows quickly for minimum few seconds. For that, connect your Android device and Windows PC and run ADB Setup
- Compatible with every device
It properly works with any device whether from popular brands like Samsung, HTC, Sony, Nokia, Huawei, Vivo, Oppo, Xiaomi, or any minor brands like Amazon.
- Detects Manufacturer Name and Model
It detects the Manufacturer’s Name and the Model of difficult devices and sets it under the Manufacturer and Description List.
- Refresh Button
It allows you to refresh the device list that is linked to the computer. But it is only accessible for version 2.0 and not available for version 1.0.
- Supports Windows x86 and x64 bit
Automatically detects the BIT of your computer and you can install the ADB Driver on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 easily. Even it properly works with Windows 11 newest version.
Review of the article
Once everything is fixed, download ADB driver for Windows gives you a lot of things to explore on your Android devices. It can bring a gigantic variety of commands, from copying files to customizing the OEM features or user interfaces and many more. So, this is the best way to get more features with ADB and modding your Android device. It comes with a very user-friendly interface, so any beginner or expert can use it without any doubt.
And if you have any doubts or issues about this app, please follow our official website for more info. And share your experience with us!